Thursday, November 12, 2009

California, Here I Come

ALA JobList - Grateful Dead Archivist: "Grateful Dead Archivist
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SANTA CRUZ

Grateful Dead Archivist
Status: Full-time
Posted: 11/09/09
Deadline: Initial Review Date, 12/04/09

The University Library of the University of California, Santa Cruz, seeks an enterprising, creative, and service-oriented archivist to join the staff of Special Collections & Archives (SC&A) as Archivist for the Grateful Dead Archive. This is an academic librarian professional position."

Link via Dave Barry's Blog.

6 comments:

Deb said...

This was on NPR the other morning. One of the requirements is a Masters in Archiving.

Anonymous said...

To paraphrase Jon Stewart, it might be a little difficult to find a Grateful Dead enthusiast with solid organizational skills.

John D

Janet Spaeth said...

I want! I want! I want!

Dusting off the resume. It's been a while, but "Oh, oh, I want to know, where does the time go?"

See? I am very qualified. I can even integrate appropriate lyrics into my conversation.

Miz J said...

two words...David Ganz!!
the ultimate deadhead....

Laurie Powers said...

I love it, but at the same time I'm embarrassed because I live in the Golden State.

Cap'n Bob said...

How about Janet Rudolph? She has the skills, the brains, and the Deadhead devotion.