Thursday, July 30, 2009

Happy Birthday, Paul Anka !

Paul Anka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: "Paul Albert Anka, OC (born July 30, 1941 in Ottawa, Ontario) is a Canadian singer, songwriter, and actor of Lebanese origin.[1] He became a naturalized US citizen in 1990.[2]

Anka first became famous as a teen idol in the late 1950s and 1960s with hits songs like 'Diana'', 'Lonely Boy', and 'Put Your Head on My Shoulder'. He went on to write such well known music as the theme for The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson and Tom Jones biggest hit 'She's A Lady', and the English lyrics for Frank Sinatra's signature song 'My Way'."

Lonely Boy - Paul Anka

1 comment:

Brent McKee said...

Anka may be one of my own countrymen, but I have tried to disavow his Canadian-ness since he did "She's Having My Baby" a definite contender on the all-time list of awesomely awful songs. Unfortunately I can't do that for Terry Jacks and the even worse "Seasons In The Sun."