Saturday, May 16, 2009

From 6/28/05


A while back I posted about the title novella in this book. (I used a different cover, too.) Ed Gorman suggested that I re-read the second novella, "Linda," so I did. After I got into it, I remembered it pretty well, and it's still a dandy story, about a stead, unimaginative guy who marries a flashy woman whom he longed for when they were in high school. After a while he finds out that maybe being married to her isn't as great as he'd thought it would be, and before long, he finds out some even worse things about her. As I read this, I found myself remembering quite a bit about it, but it was still fun, right up until the ending, which seemed draw-out and contrived to me this time. Well worth reading, though. And well worth reading again.

3 comments:

Todd Mason said...

Cool. The Fawcett cover sure is terrible.

George said...

I've never seen that Fawcett cover.

Anonymous said...

If I remeber right "Linda" was the basis for a TV movie with Virginia Madsen and (?)Richard Thomas.