Thursday, March 05, 2009

Uh-Oh

Tulsa World: Parts of noir classic to be shot in Tulsa: "A major motion picture starring Casey Affleck, Kate Hudson and Jessica Alba will begin filming on March 23 in Oklahoma City, Guthrie, Tulsa, Cordell and surrounding areas, a local casting director announced Wednesday.

'The Killer Inside Me' is a crime thriller based on a 1952 pulp novel by Oklahoma-born author Jim Thompson. The film will be directed by Michael Winterbottom, an award-winning British filmmaker best known for helming 'A Mighty Heart' and 'Jude.'"

Via Sarah Weinman from Twitter.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, no Paris?

Sounds like a nightmare cast to me. I'm afraid I don't get Kate Hudson in any way, shape or form.

If you want to see a pretty good movie and laugh out loud, check out Play the Game, starring Andy Griffith.

Jeff

Unknown said...

Into the queue it goes.

Fred Blosser said...

Maybe I'm just feeling especially good today. I'll reserve judgment for the time being. Casey Affleck got respectable notices in GONE BABY GONE and the Jesse James movie, neither of which I saw. I presume he'll play Lou Ford. Kate Hudson seems to be cast usually as an irritatingly chirpy ingenue in chick flicks, but I have a feeling she and Alba could do ok in dramatic roles with the right director. I think the very odd "9 Songs" is the only Michael Winterbottom movie I've seen.

Looks like "In the Electric Mist with the Confederate Dead" is going straight to video. Of the James Lee Burke novels, that's probably the last one that I would try to film, with Robicheux and "Heaven's Prisoners" probably being long forgotten by most moviegoers who are unfamiliar with the books.

Anonymous said...

Electric Mist is already out on DVD. We just got our copy this week.