Saturday, March 21, 2009

Once Again, Texas Leads the Way

Slashdot | Want a Science Degree In Creationism?: "'In Texas, a state legislator wants the ironically-named Institute for Creation Research to be able to grant a Masters degree in science. In fact, the bill submitted to the Texas congress would make it legal for any private group calling themselves educational to be able to grant advanced degrees in science. So, now's your chance: that lack of a PhD in Astrology and Alchemy won't hold you back any longer.'"

Hat tip to Rick Klaw.

4 comments:

B. Rehder said...

Perfect. Can I also get a minor in Flat Earth Theory?

Anonymous said...

I Phrenology is not on the curriculum I will be disappointed.

WV: ytonium - sounds like something you learn about in Alchemy class

Anonymous said...

Well, now that the legislature has solved all the real problems in Texas, why not? After all, with a sophisticated understanding of Mr. Berman, who else would you trust:

“I don’t believe I came from a salamander that crawled out of a swamp millions of years ago,” Berman told FOXNews.com. "I do believe in creationism."

Jeff

Anonymous said...

As I read on a bumprer lsast week:

"Okay. I evolved, you didn't."