Friday, January 16, 2009

So It's My Finger's Fault I'm not Rich?

Ring finger length linked to City stockbrokers' success, claim scientists - Telegraph: "A study of highly pressured London traders, whose jobs requires risk taking and quick responses, found the most successful had long ring fingers in relation to their index fingers.

The trait - which is associated with higher exposure to testosterone in the womb - is thought to be linked to attributes such as confidence, risk-taking ability, extra vigilance and quick reactions.

Such qualities could provide traders making snap decisions on high-risk deals with a competitive edge, the research suggests."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh heh . . .I could make lots of comments about this one, but I'd probably be banned for life.

- Lawrence

Benjie said...

When I was a student at dear old HPU, I was informed by one of my fellow students that the length of your ring finger had something to do with how dominant you were--the longer the finger the stronger your personality.

Unknown said...

So he was ahead of the curve.