Wednesday, January 07, 2009

A Great Baseball Card Story

Surprise Find: A 139-Year-Old Baseball Card -- Courant.com: "FRESNO, Calif. - Bernice Gallego sat down one day this summer, as she does pretty much every day, and began listing items on eBay.

She dug into a box and pulled out a baseball card. She stopped for a moment and admired the picture. 'Red Stocking B.B. Club of Cincinnati,' the card said, under a sepia tone photo of 10 men with their socks pulled up to their knees. The card itself was dirty and wrinkled in a few places.

It was definitely old, Gallego thought. As a collector and seller, it's her job to spot old items that might have value today, to find the gems among the junk."

3 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

I'd bid, but if I won I'd just put in in the spokes of my bicycle.

Word Verification: ectstsly. How you say ecstasy when you're in the throes of it.

Anonymous said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Sarah

http://www.thinkpadonline.info

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by, Sarah. You never know what might show up here.