Friday, January 09, 2009

Cheryl Holdridge dies at 64; popular Mouseketeer - Los Angeles Times

Cheryl Holdridge dies at 64; popular Mouseketeer - Los Angeles Times: "After 'The Mickey Mouse Club,' the actress played Julie Foster on 'Leave it to Beaver' and appeared on 'The Rifleman,' 'Bachelor Father,' 'My Three Sons,' 'Bewitched' and 'The Dick Van Dyke Show.'

Cheryl Holdridge, the beautiful blond actress who first gained fame as a Mouseketeer on TV's 'The Mickey Mouse Club' in the 1950s, has died. She was 64.

Holdridge died Tuesday at her home in Santa Monica after a two-year battle with lung cancer, said Doreen Tracey, another former Mouseketeer."

2 comments:

Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

Here I am. painstakingly putting the final touches on an obit for Ray Dennis Steckler...and I find out one of my favorite Mouseketeers has passed on.

There's a word for this...but I can't think of what it is.

Cap'n Bob said...

How this hurts. She was far and away my favorite. When I was a kid I used to kiss her picture. Rest easy, Cheryl.