Saturday, December 27, 2008

Hillary Waugh, R. I. P.

Hillary Waugh, a Pioneer of the Police Procedural, Dies at 88 - Obituary (Obit) - NYTimes.com: "Hillary Waugh, who helped pioneer the police procedural novel in dozens of mysteries, notably “Last Seen Wearing” (1952), died on Dec. 8 in Torrington, Conn. He was 88 and had lived in Guilford, Conn., until illness put him in a nursing home.

His death was confirmed by his son, Lawrence.

Mr. Waugh started out writing private-detective mysteries before he tried his hand at writing a novel that focused on the details of an unfolding police investigation. “I was tired of reading about these superdetectives and a police force composed of a bunch of bumbling idiots,” he told an interviewer in 1990. “I wanted to get away from the neat little corpses with the perfect bullet through the head and instead write a story as it really happened.”"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shame. He wrote some great books.

Anonymous said...

And he was a gentleman. Knew him when I lived in New York and first joined MWA in 1975.

RJR

bamgosoocom said...



Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics.
It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks

Please Visit My homepage ➤ 강남오피
(jk)