Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

I never make resolutions, mainly because I know it's no used. If I made one, I'd just break it then next day.

I'm not much of a party animal, either. I suspect I'll be asleep tonight long before the new year comes sneaking into Alvin on little cat feet. Don't think I'm such a slug, though. I'll probably be up before 6:30 tomorrow morning and out for the morning jog of three or four miles within the hour.

If this is a time for memories of auld lang syne, I can remember the days when I could easily run three miles at an eight-minute pace. Now, it takes me longer. A lot longer. Age slows a fella down against his will Some of you knew that already. The rest of you will find out, eventually.

The year 2009 has been a hectic one for us here in Alvin. Judy's lymphoma, the death of Judy's mom, Angela's wedding, Hurricane Ike. My hope is that 2009 will be a lot calmer for us and for the whole world.

And for all the readers of this blog, no matter where you are, I wish the very best of everything in 2009, health and happiness all around. Thanks for reading the blog and for buying my books. Here's to you.

8 comments:

Ben Rehder said...

Bill, happy new year to you and Judy. As for "three miles in eight minutes," well, I'll attribute that to a little champagne earlier in the evening.

Hey, have you been reading Progressive Farmer lately?

August West said...

God Bless you Bill.
Have a great 2009.

David Cranmer said...

All the best to you and your family in the new year.

Anonymous said...

Three miles in eight minutes?

I'd like to see that.

;)

Anyway, Happy New Year party animal, and to Judy.

Jeff

Bill Crider said...

Well, I fixed the 8-minute bit. Old and forgetful, too.

Ben, I had a feeling you were the perp who sent the PROGRESSIVE FARMER. Many thanks. I've been reading it regularly. Reminded me of my long-lost youth!

Cap'n Bob Napier said...

I could go three miles in eight minutes if it didn't take me ten minutes to get into the car.

Dan said...

Resolutions?
1. Go easy
2. Don't be a slave to diet and exercise
3. Try not to save too much money
4. Work harder at winning the lottery

Karin M said...

Happy New Year! Thanks for all the pop culture news.