Saturday, November 29, 2008

Untold Truths -- Kevin Costner


If you're a little skeptical about a new CD from a 53-year-old guy who's better known for other things, I can't blame you. So was I. But by golly, I like what I'm hearing from Kevin Costner and Modern West. Costner's not Elvis, but he's got a voice that's suited to the kind of upbeat country songs on Untold Truths. I especially like the first two songs, "Long Hot Night" and "90 Miles an Hour," but they're all pretty good. If you don't like Costner's movies, but you do like country rock, give his CD a try. It might surprise you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard his new single on the radio the other and really liked it. When they said the guy was Kevin Costner I just assumed it had to be somebody else with the same name. Good stuff.

Unknown said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who liked that stuff.