Friday, September 26, 2008

Yes, It's Me, and I'm in Kroger Again

Comcast obviously doesn't feel my pain.  As far as I know they're not even working in Alvin, but then maybe I just haven't seen them.  When I called, they wouldn't even estimate when we might have cable service again.  

Unlike the power companies that have hundreds of people doing repairs and taking care of business, Comcast must be coasting along with their usual staff.  If that's the case, I might not have cable until winter.  At least I can get a little big done here at my favorite store.  Hooray for Kroger!

6 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

I've never had my cable bill adjusted when service went out, but it's never been out for more than half a day. Let us know if they have the gall to bill you for not having their service. I wouldn't put it past Comcast.

Anonymous said...

Exactly what I was thinking - don't let them bill you for service you aren't getting! Glad Kroger has its wireless available for you.

Feisty Crone said...

Good luck getting a bill break from Comcast. Two years ago, we had a freezing rain and snow storm in Seattle, and power was out for almost ten days. We got no break on our bill. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Electric companies will often share resources and send crews from other states to assist in getting lines up. It sounds like Comcast does not do that.

Librarian D.O.A. said...

They're probably restoring service to the larger cities first.

Go ahead and have that roll, you sure deserve it.

Unknown said...

Gotta give 'em credit. They called today and were as helpful as possible under the circumstances.