Saturday, September 27, 2008

By the Way

My main computer at home gave me the blue screen of death after the hurricane.  I'd backed everything up on two different external drives, so I won't lose anything, I hope.  The local computer guru called me Thursday afternoon and told me to bring in the tower, which I did.  That evening, he called and said that the hard drive's boot sector was gone.  Who knows why?  Not me.  Anyway, he's going to get me a new hard drive and try to save the data from the old one to it.  That would be nice.  I'd hate to have to install all my programs again.  We'll see how it works out.

3 comments:

Benjie said...

I know the answer, Bill. It's GREMLINS.

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed, Bill.

Cap'n Bob said...

Sounds like that boot was made for walking. I hope it all works out.