Thursday, May 08, 2008

Once Again, Texas Leads the Way

KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com | Storm Chaser Arrested: "CRANE COUNTY--Chasing storms is what Brian Barnes does for a living. And it was while he was doing just that, that he says he found himself in a difficult and strange situation involving a Crane County Sheriff's Deputy. 'I told him that I was helping out the National Weather Service in San Angelo, and they were relaying my reports to Midland. He told me he didn't care, and that I needed to go.'

Barnes thought it was his obligation to stay put and follow the storms, a decision that landed him in jail. 'He jumped out and put me in handcuffs. I turned around and I remember him slamming me up against his vehicle, and then it all got kind of scary.'"

No comments: