Friday, February 15, 2008

Okay, Here's the Deal

Steve Hockensmith has a book coming out on February 19. So do I. St. Martin's has a blog for its authors.

The authors who blog during a particular week are the ones who have a book coming out that week.

Guess who was invited to be the guest blogger for St. Martin's this week. (Hint: It wasn't me.)

Not that there's anything wrong with that.


Cap'n Bob Napier said...

No doubt this is based on who needs more help with sales. (Dang, now I have to go over to Steve's blog and suck up to him.) But seriously, folks, I've read both books and recommend them without reservation.

Steve Hockensmith said...

Actually, I asked the folks at Minotaur about this, and they said your time was too valuable to waste on a blog. "We want him writing books for us night and day" was the exact quote, I think. I started to say "But Bill has his own blog already -- he's posting on it all the time," but then I thought better of it. Why spoil the illusion for them?


Bill Crider said...

Right, Steve. We wouldn't want them to be disillusioned. Publishers are so naive.

And congrats on getting the gig.