Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Judy Update

I'm still reeling from the news about James and Livia Reasoner's house and studio being lost, but I do have some good news. Judy and I went to M. D. Anderson today to find out about the battery of tests she had on Monday. The results were excellent. She's completely free of the lymphoma. The doctor says that 50% of patients who receive "standard of care" treatment go five or more years before symptoms return. He hopes, as we do, that the clinical trial Judy was on will have even better results.

Thanks to all of you for your support during this tough time. All the good thoughts, prayers, and positive energy were more help than I can say. Don't forget us, but turn some of that stuff Jame and Livia's way.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent news. Congratulations!

Randy Johnson said...

Amidst a day of bad news, finally something good. James and Livia are in our prayers as well.

Benjie said...

It's always nice to run a good news story after such a bad one. We just have to keep on praying.

Vince said...

I couldn't be happier for you. Good news is welcome on a day like this.

Cap'n Bob said...

I've been feeling low these past few days, and on top of that I learn that James and Livia lost their house and Beth Fedyn had her dog put down. You don't know how much this good news was needed. I'm so happy for you and Judy I could bust.

JD Rhoades said...

Hot DAMN! That's great news on any day. Hugs to the both of you.

Unknown said...

Thanks, everybody. As you can imagine, we're both feeling relieved today.

ShellyS said...

That's great news!

Feisty Crone said...

Congratulations to you both.

Jess Nevins said...

Excellent news, Bill. Congratulations to you both.

Juri said...

That's great news, Bill!

Bill Peschel said...

I'm very, very happy to hear that!