Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Wonder Woman Update

Wonder Woman - Comic Books - DC Comics - New York Times: "“I was a hairdresser until a couple of years ago,” Gail Simone said. “It took me a long time to admit that I was a professional writer.”

Ms. Simone was talking about her rise from hairstylist to online commentator to professional comic-book author. This month she added a new title. With the publication of issue No. 14 of Wonder Woman, which hit stores two weeks ago, Ms. Simone has become the regular writer of that amazing Amazon’s super-adventures, published by DC Comics. She is the first woman to serve as “ongoing writer” (to use the industry’s term) in the character’s 66-year history."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonder woman doesnt need a new writer. wonder woman needs a new costume.

Unknown said...

Hey, I kind of like the old one.

Anonymous said...

Ok, ok, I realize she wears the Stars and Stripes and I ain't gut no problem with that, just for the record. I ain't sayin' it's a bad costume, I'm just sayin' there's way too much of it. That's all. That's all I'm sayin'.

Unknown said...

In that case, I agree.