Sunday, November 18, 2007

I'm Linking to This . . .

. . . because I like to support my fellow authors. And of course it's inspirational that a young woman, coming from a humble background and having no resources can achieve such success on her own. Thanks to John Duke for calling this to my attention.

San Jose Mercury News - Paris, perfume wow Valley Fair fans: "'I don't think of myself as any different from anyone,' Hilton said. 'I'm just a girl who's living her life and doing a lot of things. I have a fashion line, I'm acting, I'm a singer, an author. I think that's maybe inspiring to young girls, that I was able to do this on my own.'"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to jump through ten thousand hoops to read this very important newspaper story because as you know newspapers must guard their newspaperness with iron gates because they are so important. However, based on what I was able to read on your own site, with the excerpt, I would have to agree with Miss Hilton that young girls have learned a lot from her. Well, they have learned one thing from her in particular. And they had a fantastic teacher, too. So they learned it right the first lesson. Paris Hilton: the only thing now between us and Armageddon.

Cap'n Bob said...

If girls learn anything from Paris it's that being a mindless slut and heiress opens a lot of doors, including cell doors. But since she's an author, maybe you can get her to co-write something with you, Bill. I will admit she's better looking than Willard Scott.

Unknown said...

Hey, Willard's kinda cute.

Anonymous said...

Did it on her own? Yeah, right.

350 mindless morons stood in line TWELVE HOURS to get her autographed photo?

This really is a Sign of the Apocalypse.

Anonymous said...

The sexual wiring of women is a hundred times more volcanic than mens'. I'm surprised they manage to exercise any restraint at all. They certainly have more self control than us male self-righteous consorters with anything in the barnyard. It's always the chick who's the slut. Never the plowshared monkey trenching the acreage.