Thursday, April 26, 2007

Edgar Winners

And the winners are:

ImageIt gives us great pleasure to announce the winners of the 2007 Edgar® Awards (for books, short stories, TV episodes, etc.) published or produced in 2006.

BEST NOVEL

The Janissary Tree by Jason Goodwin (Farrar, Straus and Giroux)

BEST FIRST NOVEL BY AN AMERICAN AUTHOR

The Faithful Spy by Alex Berenson (Random House)

BEST PAPERBACK ORIGINAL

Snakeskin Shamisen by Naomi Hirahara (Bantam Dell Publishing – Delta Books)

BEST FACT CRIME

Manhunt: The 12-Day Chase for Lincoln's Killer by James L. Swanson
(HarperCollins – William Morrow)

BEST CRITICAL/BIOGRAPHICAL

The Science of Sherlock Holmes: From Baskerville Hall to the Valley of Fear
by E.J. Wagner (John Wiley & Sons)

BEST SHORT STORY

"The Home Front" – Death Do Us Part by Charles Ardai
(Hachette Book Group – Little, Brown and Company)

BEST JUVENILE

Room One: A Mystery or Two by Andrew Clements (Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers)

BEST YOUNG ADULT

Buried by Robin Merrow MacCready (Penguin YR – Dutton Children's Books)

BEST PLAY

Sherlock Holmes: The Final Adventure by Steven Dietz (Arizona Theatre Company)

BEST TELEVISION EPISODE TELEPLAY

Life on Mars – Episode 1, Teleplay by Matthew Graham (BBC America)

BEST TELEVISION FEATURE/MINI-SERIES TELEPLAY

The Wire, Season 4, Teleplays by Ed Burns, Kia Corthron, Dennis Lehane, David Mills, Eric Overmyer, George Pelecanos, Richard Price, David Simon & William F. Zorzi (Home Box Office)

BEST MOTION PICTURE SCREENPLAY

The Departed, Screenplay by William Monahan (Warner Bros. Pictures)

8 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

You were robbed!

"The Departed" was best motion picture? Gag me with a spoon. That piece of crap should be burned in public. If anyone can explain the plot to me I'll give him a nickel.

Cap'n Bob said...

On reflection, it sounds like saying you were robbed means the winner didn't deserve it. I don't mean to imply that. I guess I'm just disappointed that you came in a close second.

I really didn't like "The Departed," though.

Unknown said...

Charles Ardai is very deserving. Also very young. He'll probably be nominated and win again before his career's done.

Graham Powell said...

As Andy Sipowicz would say, "I'm sorry for your loss."

Unknown said...

Andy had a way with words.

Anonymous said...

As a regular reader here I always offer my condolences. But, I have not yet even read the dang story anyway.

Anonymous said...

What the heck? My post didn't make any dang sense.

Unknown said...

Made sense to me, but then I'm probably punchy.