Monday, March 19, 2007

The Devil Wears Prada

It's been a while since I've seen a movie this predictable and by-the-numbers. I knew from about the first ten minutes where the story was going, and it didn't miss a beat getting there. Not that that's a bad thing. I'm one of the few who's appreciative that Hollywood can still make an old-fashioned movie with lots of bright colors, a star turn (by Meryl Streep), and appealing actors like Anne Hathaway, Stanley Tucci, and Emily Blunt. There's no need to recount the plot; it's all too familiar. Let me just say that the movie looked great, that Meryl Streep can do just about anything and look good doing it, and that I grinned several times and even laughed a couple. The Devil Wears Prada's a nice way to spend a couple of hours on a weekend afternoon.

3 comments:

MysterLynch said...

Honestly, I thought the only positive things about this movie were the performances by Streep, Blunt and Tucci. The rest of it was complete crap.

Unknown said...

What can I say? I'm easy to please.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I think Ugly Betty on ABC with a similar plot is somewhat better.