Wednesday, December 20, 2006

What I'm Listening To

While Vince Keenan confesses that he's a Rat Pack kinda guy when it comes to holiday sounds, I have to confess that I lean toward the Kingston Trio. My favorite holiday album is The Last Month of the Year, and you can tell from the title that it's not just a collection of Christmas music. Sure, it leans heavily in that direction, but it also contains killer versions of "The White Snows of Winter," "Good Night, My Baby, Good Night," and the title song. My favorite is "Mary Mild." Beautiful song, beautiful harmony, touching story. I'm listening to it right now, as I have for the past 45 years or so at this time, and it's as great as ever.

2 comments:

Graham Powell said...

My dad is a big fan of the Trio, and I've taken to a few of their songs myself, especially their version of Pete Seeger's "Where Have All The Flowers Gone?"

Unknown said...

Your dad is good judge of music. And it's nice to know a young whippersnapper like yourself appreciates the good stuff.