Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Bob Dylan on XM

Okay, so I listened to Bob Dylan's new XM Radio show this moring. He's devoting each show to a specific theme, and today's was "weather." It was a great show. I haven't heard such a good variety of music in one radio hour in years. Dylan's a cool dj, too, making with the patter between songs. Here's a list of the artists on the first program: Muddy Waters, Jimmie Davis, Joe Jones, Dean Martin, the Prisonaires, The Consolers, Jimi Hendrix, Judy Garland, Irma Thomas, Slim Harpo, Lord Beginner, Fats Domino, the Spaniels, Stevie Wonder, Frank Sinatra, the Staples Singers, and the Carter Family. Every song a winner. I'll be listening next week for sure.

2 comments:

Joan Reeves said...

Old Bobby boy's looking kind of old! Since weather was the theme, did he play Rainy Day Woman? That's one of my faves.

Unknown said...

He didn't play any of his own songs. I guess he's modest.