Saturday, February 11, 2006

Mystery*File Update

GOLD MEDAL CORNER - DAY KEENE, by Bill Crider: "As I’ve been telling anybody who’ll listen for nearly forty years now, one of my favorite paperback writers is Harry Whittington. But this isn’t about him. It’s about a friend of his, Day Keene. Whttington and Keene shared an agent (Donald MacCampbell), which might explain why the two turned up so often at the same publishing houses, places like Phantom Books, Original Novels, Ace, Graphic, Pyramid, Avon, and of course Gold Medal. "

This is an article that originally appeared in the print version of Mystery*File, with some slight changes. Steve Lewis has compiled an excellent bibliography, and there are lots of nice cover scans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a nice story, Bill, but I'm a little worried about the implied short lifespan of these critters - even in captivity.

Our possum is named Smiley. And sometimes she sleeps so deeply I think she may have died, so I gently jostle her awake to see if she's still here.

Ironically enough, I sometimes fall asleep on the couch late at night and wake to find her shaking me with the same worried look on her face.

I guess we are both on death watch over here.

TL