Monday, November 21, 2005

And You Still Think We're Not Using Torture?

ABC News: CIA's Harsh Interrogation Techniques Described: "'They would not let you rest, day or night. Stand up, sit down, stand up, sit down. Don't sleep. Don't lie on the floor,' one prisoner said through a translator. The detainees were also forced to listen to rap artist Eminem's 'Slim Shady' album. The music was so foreign to them it made them frantic, sources said."

Frantic? I'd be driven completely nuts. Or course there are those who say I'm already nuts, but what do they know?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That certainly isn't torture but...I guess if I had to listen to Slim Shady for a long time, I would think it was "torture" too. hehe

Cheers,
TBone

TBone's War Journal
http://iraqwarjournal.blogspot.com

JD Rhoades said...

Actually, I rather like the Slim Shady LP, even though I like the Marshall Mathers LP better. Much of Eminem's work (and a lot of rap for that matter) is basically dark urban crime fiction with a beat.

But hey, if it finally gets some of the waverers to believe that torture actually exists, then it's all good.

mybillcrider said...

I'm reminded of the great scene in Billy Wilder's One, Two, Three where Horst Buckholtz is tortured by being forced to listen to Brian Hyland's recording of "Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini." Now we know where the CIA gets its ideas.