Monday, October 10, 2005

Astros Win!


Judy and I are Houston Astros fans. We don't go to the games, but we watch nearly every one on TV each year. When we're out driving, we listen on the radio. So naturally we were there for the whole agonizing 18 innings yesterday. I have to admit that I really didn't think the 'Stros could pull it off, even after the big comeback in the 8th and 9th, but they did it. I'm beginning to believe that Roger Clemens is worth every bit of the $18 million he's getting this year. He lost the play-off game that he started, but those three innings he pitched yesterday proved to me he's one of the all-time greats (as if there was ever any doubt).

4 comments:

Jayme Lynn Blaschke said...

In the 12th inning, I said to myself "Self, this thing's going into the 16th, just like '86." Obviously, my soothsaying abilities are off by a few innings. A day later, and I'm still exhausted.

The good news is that the Cards have a shakey bullpen as well...

Vince said...

I had a modest to-do list for Sunday. Didn't get to a single item on it because I spent 5 hours and 50 minutes watching this epic. And have no regrets at all.

Anonymous said...

There aren't many 23 year olds who can come close to what Roger can do at 43.

Anonymous said...

I miss J.R. Richard.