Thursday, September 08, 2005

Chupacabra Update

KFTY || TV50 - Was it El Chupacabra? Texas Man Kills Chicken Slayer:

COLEMAN, Texas -- Was the strange creature recently killed in this West Texas town a bloodsucking monster called a chupacabra?

Or a coyote with a bad case of mange?

Whatever it is, it's causing a big stir in Coleman, a city of 5,100 or so people 52 miles south of Abilene. In fact, the last time an animal caused this much talk was five years ago, when a Dallas-area hunter shot and killed a monkey on a nearby ranch.

I used to live in Brownwood, only a few miles from Coleman. I never saw a Chupacabra, but I did see a coyote or two.

1 comment:

Jayme Lynn Blaschke said...

Ah. So that's why my traffic related to chupacabra google searches has spiked. It had been running 2:1 in favor of Demi Moore naked. Who knew I'd have my finger on the pulse of two national obsessions?