Thursday, September 09, 2004

eBay Woes

I have this eBay habit. I buy and sell (buying more than selling of course), and over the last several years I've had pretty good luck all around.

But not long ago I bought an old SF magazine from one of those dealers who has a long list of "rules" for buyers. If you win an auction and he hasn't heard from you in three days, he's going to turn you in as a deadbeat. And if you haven't paid in ten days, you're scum, and he's going to turn you in. And so on.

Well, I responded as soon as I got notification that I'd won. But I never heard from the dealer.

So I wrote him daily for about a week. Finally he responded and told me the amount of postage due. I paid him by PayPal as soon as I got his e-mail.

More time passed. A lot more. But today I got a magazine in the mail.

It's the wrong magazine.

So I e-mailed him immediately. Guess what? No response so far. Why am I not surprised?


Cap'n Bob Napier said...

Looks like you'll need to bone up on Jeff Smith's solution to dealing with inept dealers.

ACHUKA said...

What's your eBay username Bill, so that I can check out your items for sale from time to time.
Keep on playing that pinball and you'll stay forever young. Mind you, it's quite a while since I had a game myself ;-)