Tuesday, August 20, 2002

August 20, 2002: When I went to the college mail room this morning, I discovered that my mailbox had been moved from the regular faculty line-up to the Old Guy's area. It must be that my retirement is official. I still haven't finished cleaning out the office, though. That may take a while.

While I was in the office, I fired up the computer and wrote a note to "All Personnel," wishing them a fond farewell. I'll still be around a lot, but it was time to get that done.

Then I went to the bank. There were six or seven people waiting in the tellers' lines. You have to wonder why only two tellers were on duty, but then this is the bank that advertises "12 Drive-Thru Banking Lanes!" And they have them, all right. However, there are usually between four and eight of them open. I've never seen all 12 open, and I've been banking there since 1983. Anyway, I waited in the line for about ten minutes before I decided that the bank was as bad as the post office. I went outside and went to the drive-through, which was practically deserted. Should have gone there in the first place.

No comments: