Monday, August 19, 2002

August 19, 2002: We're back from Austin and the Armadillocon. Good convention, even if Joe Lansdale tried to humiliate me in his toastmaster speech. He didn't bother me at all, but he might have succeeded with Martha Wells. It was all pretty hilarious. He also did a well-attended reading that was very funny. I was on four panels, bought some books (including a 1972 Buddy Holly bio), and hung out some. James Reasoner, Scott Cupp, and Willie Siros were there, too, so there were plenty of people to talk to. We went to my sister's house on Sunday night, and she cooked lasagna for us (and Allen and her son Scott and his wife, Norma). Had a nice visit there, as well. We drove back through Houston today and picked up my car at Angela's townhouse. Her car is fixed now, thank goodness.

No comments: